11/19/09

Have You Ever Cried for Someone You Didn't Know?

Do you know who Tom is? You probably do. Myspace, anyone? Tom "made" Myspace, or something along those lines. No one knew who he was, I personally think he was an alien or a hypnotist. No one has that many millions of friends.

I had a Myspace for twenty-three hours and an unknown amount of minutes. I vowed never to have one, but I broke the vow in middle school. I felt so guilty that I broke my own vow, that the next day I deleted it. Of course, just because I didn't have a Myspace didn't mean I couldn't creep around on it. Don't shake your head at me dear reader; you have creeped around on Myspace too. I found lots of interesting things on Myspace, like Jeffree Star. That horrible day is forever branded in my mind.

I also found cute poems, funny quizzes, and hot guys. Myspace creeping was a good alternative to homework, and I enjoyed expanding my knowledge and vocabulary. I am no longer surprised by what people say on the Internet, or what they put up, or how they will detail a night out and "...hope my parents don't find out! Click this link for pictures!"

One day I was Myspace creeping and I found a page that hadn't been written on in a few months. That was odd, there were lots of messages, but they were all old. Next to the birth date of the person, was a death date.

"I will always love you Jeremy!"

"I can't believe you are dead..."

"Rest in peace Bro. I love you Man."

"I hope heaven is good!"

"Is this a joke?! Are you really dead?!!!"

"Goodbye Jeremy!! I miss you!!!"

"I love you Jeremy!"

"You're gone..."

There were hundreds of messages written to this dead young man. I don't know how he died. Lots of people didn't get to say goodbye, so they wrote on his Myspace. They wanted to talk to him, so they did. They wrote as if he would respond tomorrow. They wrote as if he would read them. He had been dead for months. The Myspace was there. It is probably still there. Drifting through cyberspace with empty wishes for a person who will never benefit from them. I read all of the messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment